Enjoy your warm summer Friday nights with international food and great live music in a relaxed atmosphere! Northern Beaches Council’s popular World Food Markets will be at Gilbert Park this summer, Friday nights from 5pm .Sit back and relax with friends and family, enjoy excellent food and great music in a beautiful location.Each week the World Food Markets will present live music for your enjoyment while you taste cuisine from around the world.
Come and enjoy the Australian Open of Surfing 2017 with some of the world's best surfers.
The Australian Open of Surfing draws more than 300 of the world class in surfing, skateboarding and BMX, along with live music, art, gourmet food and beverage,and you can watch it all for free at Manly Beach.
Well this is an obvious one, but definitely our number one pick if you are visiting Manly. Be sure to enjoy the sand between your toes and the smell of salty air Manly Beach is known for. Just a short 5minute walk from Manly Wharf… and If you can’t surf, swim!
Queenscliff to Shelly Beach Bike Ride
One of the most picturesque bike rides you’ll ever take starting from Queenscliff beach all the way to Shelly Beach. This fun ride will take you along the complete stretch of beach we have right in front of our door step.
Manly Market Place
These unique open-air markets showcase emerging designs, fashion, gifts and farmers produce every Saturday and Sunday between 10am – 5pm
Easy to get to, by ferry, bus or car located just off the Manly Corso.
The vibrant and creative cultural hub of the Northern Beaches, Manly Art Gallery and Museum was the first metropolitan-based regional gallery in New South Wales, opening in 1930. The museum has constantly changing exhibitions that are worth a view if you have time while visiting.
You don’t have to be a professional volleyball player to enjoy the nets out on the beach. Get friends and family together and make a day of it and play volleyball on the beach.
Another way to explore Manly is by getting lost and enjoy a leisurely stroll along the bush tracks and observe the native wildlife. Some of our most spectacular walking trails include:
Hands down one of the most breathtaking views in Manly. If you are game enough to walk it we recommend the hike but if not, there is a car park right on the cliff where you can enjoy views of the ocean to the Sydney CBD.
Tip: bring along a blanket, some snacks, and a bottle of wine and watch the sun go down.
Snorkelling at Shelley Beach
Another way to explore Manly is to go Snorkelling at Shelly Beach. It is a popular destination for most tourist and locals to snorkel as there are lots of to see. During the winter months, Shelly Beach is home to a school of Dusky Whaler Sharks.
Tip: The most convenient place to begin is Shelly Beach. Follow the reef along the headland or jump in at the boat ramp and swim alongside the walkway.
See the Penguins
You might be lucky enough to spot one of our little penguins living in Manly. The population, in a secluded cove in Sydney's North Harbour, is the only breeding colony on the NSW mainland, with the penguins coming in nightly to nest.
Appreciate brilliant photography and talent? Then it’s worth walking to the Joel Coleman Gallery just off the Manly Corso, where you can view some fantastic photos of Manly captured by Joel Coleman himself.
Our TOP 10 Concierge tips for this Winter in Manly!
1. Manly SeaLife Sanctuary is a family must-do when they come to Manly. Visit the penguins and Turtles or if you are really brave- Dive in with Shark Five Xtreme. Or if you enjoy art, visit the Manly Art Gallery and Museum and discover the new and exciting exhibitions – just around the corner.
2. Head on down to the Manly Fresh Produce markets every Wednesday and Sunday! Or take a stroll down Market Lane to the Manly Markets on the weekend- they have everything you need from jewellery, homewares, fashion and more!
3. When the sun comes out, relax by our Rooftop pool where you can enjoy the best views in Manly.
4. For some local entertainment, our concierge suggests heading to Shelly beach on Sundays to catch the fire-twirling!
5. Try our delicious Gourmet Burgers handcrafts by our Zali's Chefs for just $15 per person available every Tuesday Night!
6. Enjoy a scenic ride over the Sydney Harbour by ferry to the CBD.
7. If you’re up for it, head to the Quarantine Station where you can take a scary ghost tour around the venue. Or for those looking for something a little less frightening, check out their Historic tours.
8. Travel around manly fast and fun and hire a bike from Manly Bike Tours. One of the most favourite rides is Queenscliff to Shelly Beach along the beach front.
9. Whale Watching season is back! And definitely a must do on your Manly bucket list!
10. For the best Japanese in town, check our Daniel San, right on the beachfront. Our concierge recommends trying the Hotline Wing Thursday where you can snag yourself a kilogram of hot wings for $15! Plus it’s Happy Hour from 5-7pm every Monday to Friday.
Every Tuesday Night choose one of three gourmet burgers created by our Chef ranging from American style Angus beef monster to soft shell crab and laksa mayo, barbequed pork rib and saracha hot sauce to buttermilk fried chicken. Served with hand cut chips and a leafy salad.
BEVERAGE SPECIAL AVAILABLE WITH YOUR BURGER
1858 Sauvignon Blanc, Mudgee, NSW | 1858 Central Ranges Shiraz, NSW | Veuve Tailhan Sparkling Brut, France
Glass: $6 | Bottle: $30
Hahn Super Dry| Tooheys Extra Dry|James Boags Premium|Kirin
AVAILABLE EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT FOR DINNER IN ZALI’S RESTAURANT
Delve into a delicious MSA graded 250g rump steak served with broccolini for just $15 per person! Choose from a side of creamy mash or chips and salad with choice of four seasons pepper sauce, pine mushroom sauce or red wine jus. This Manly Beach hotel special is available every Wednesday night from 6:00pm in Zali’s Restaurant.
BEVERAGE SPECIAL WITH YOUR STEAK
1858 Sauvignon Blanc, Mudgee, NSW 1858 Central Ranges Shiraz, NSW Veuve Tailhan Sparkling Brut, France
Glass: $6 | Bottle: $30
Hahn Super Dry Tooheys Extra Dry James Boags Light Kirin
Conditions apply for this special offer. Not eligible for Advantage Plus dining discounts.
Located in the laneways of Sydney Road and Market Lane, right in the heart of town, this unique open-air market is one of the top things to do in Manly on weekends. The market showcases emerging designs, fashion, gifts and farmers’ produce. Experience the family friendly atmosphere while you soak up the surrounds of inspiring boutique shops, bars and restaurants.
Calling all foodies! Manly Fresh Produce Markets are located on Manly Plaza at Short Street, off Sydney Road, every Wednesday and Sunday from 8:00am to 2:00pm. Come down to this fun Manly event and indulge in organic fruits and vegetables, quality cheeses, olive oils and fresh flowers direct from local farmers and fresh food makers.
There are also children’s activities to keep the little ones entertained.