FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Planning for a wedding during a pandemic can be challenging and stressful. Here is a few guidelines to the do’s and cant do’s when you say ‘i do’
We will continue to update this page as restrictions change and ease so if you do have any questions please reach out to our team.
- Following the NSW Government guidelines, we can host weddings subject to one person per two square metre rule.
- Aim to seat people with their household, partners or family where possible.
- The couple must record the names and contact details (including contact phone numbers) of all people attending, conducting and contributing to the wedding, regardless of if it is a residential or commercial property. The records must be kept for at least 4 weeks and provided to the Chief Health Office if require.
- Capacity on dancefloors must not exceed one person per 4 square metres.
- Singing (including group singing), and wind instruments can spread COVID-19 if a performer is infected. If either of these are involved in the ceremony or reception, ensure that there is protection in place for guests including at least 3 metres distance from the performers.
- Canapé service – each guests will be served separately on individual place, meaning no shared plates or family-style catering. This will be sit-down service only too.
- Speeches- please be mindful that should you require a microphone for each of the speeches. The microphone will need to be changed per person as there is the risk of transmission.
PEACE OF MIND
Novotel has recently been accredited by Accor’s ALLsafe label. Accor’s ALLSAFE global cleanliness & prevention standards have been developed with and vetted by Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspections and certification, and covers:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Enhanced team health and safety training
- New guest contact measures
- Enhanced food safety measures
- Global medical support for all guests in a partnership with AXA
- More information on Accor’s ALLSafe label can be found here
- We 100% get where your head might be right now. You may be feeling hopeless, sad – even guilty for feeling these things, given the threat to people’s health right now. Please know that this is all completely normal and that you’re in no way alone.
- Your wedding – when it happens – is going to be made all the more special for getting through this period.
- Don’t stop planning your wedding. Life will go on post-Coronavirus and there are so many people in this industry more excited than ever to help you celebrate your love.
- We know it’s a nerve-wracking time for both couples and industry alike but we will get through it together. This is a situation where we all need to work collectively to be as compassionate and supportive of each other’s positions as possible.
Our Wedding planner is available for pre-arranged, private appointments from Monday- Friday with some availability on Saturdays. To arrange a time please contact us at sheridan.o’email@example.com or 02 8966 7419
Photo taken by premaphoto.com
CONFERENCE ROOM DETAILS